Masaki C. Matsumoto is a queer & feminist writer/YouTuber in Japan.
- I was born in Ashikaga in 1985 and raised in Sano until I moved to Auckland at the age of 17, then to Ojai (2004) and Pleasant Hill (2005). After spending 3 years in Tatebayashi and Koganei, I lived in Woodlawn while doing a graduate study in sociology of gender and sexuality at the University of Chicago.
- Now I live in Tatebayashi and working multiple jobs including H.R. management for a local company in Sano, writing for publications, translation, speaking at events, and running a bar & grill.
- SNS’s: Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Google+, Instagram, Academia.edu, Medium
- Areas of interest: poverty, sex work, nonprofit-industrial complex, prison abolition, immigration, LGBT and/vs. queerness.
- I speak Japanese & English.
- Please use this form to contact me.
- AniFem Interview (Dec 2015)
[Interview] Masaki C. Matsumoto, queer and feminist activist – Anime Feminist
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About LGBTQs in Japan (video)
- LGBT Japan, Western Media, and Gender Neutral Bathroom Gone Wrong (video)
- Read before you write about LGBT politics in Japan
- The Privilege To Say ‘I Don’t’
- Compilation of Negative Responses to Akie Abe’s Participation in Tokyo Rainbow Pride 2014
- It’s Texas, not America. It’s Scots, not the English. It’s a Black girl, not us Whites. It’s the Arab world, not our civilization.
- I Want To Drown
- Unhappy Queer In Denial – I Am Not Who I Am And That’s Fine, Thank You Very Much
- Doesn’t Matter if Homosexuality Is a Sexual Preference Or an Orientation (video)
- Child Pornography and Feminism
- A Talk with Prof. Chalidaporn Songsamphan
Watch more → YouTube
Listen more → YouTube